Friday 6 March 2015

A thank you letter from Pantene Beautiful Lengths and the Canadian Cancer Society

Pantene Beautiful Lengths, pantenebeautifullengths.ca, hair donation
Pantene Beautiful Lengths - pantenebeautifullengths.ca
What a surprise! Yesterday I received a thank you letter for my hair donation.  I have been donating my ponytail every three years and I thought I got enough thank you letters.  So, last year I didn't put down my name on my package to Pantene Beautiful Lengths.  But I put down my return address on the package in case the hair donation got lost.

Pantene Beautiful Lengths must have my contact information on record.  Guess what?  They tracked me down and sent me a thank you letter.  I really appreciate their effort to go the extra mile to thank me.

Pantene Beautiful Lengths, pantenebeautifullengths.ca, hair donation, thank you letter
Pantene Beautiful Lengths - pantenebeautifullengths.ca

Well, even I won't get thank you letters anymore, I will keep on sending my hair every three years.  It's because I was blessed with the most touching experience the first time I donated my hair.

Years ago, I went to a post office near my house to send my hair.  The person worked there was not the usual East Indian guy but a beautiful lady with lovely blonde hair.  She looked at my package, touched it gently and asked me, "Is it hair inside?"  "Yes", I replied.  That was my first time sending hair, so, I worried about I might not meet post office regulation to send hair.

While looking at the beautiful lady nervously, she kept touching and looking at the package.  "The hair did grow back," she muttered to herself.

I couldn't believe what I heard.  Was the beautiful blonde lady a cancer survivor?  Or, does she know any cancer survivor?

No matter how many time I went back to the same post office later on, that blonde lady wasn't there anymore.

You may think I'm crazy, but, I believe that beautiful blonde lady was an angel.  She indirectly gave me a praise for what I was done right.  This is why I continue donating my hair.

It takes six ponytails to make one wig.  Even though I still haven't donate enough to make one wig, eventually, I will be able to.  In the meantime, I need to make sure my hair is healthy and in good condition.

I'd like to share a quote from my thank you letter.
Together, we can bring dignity - and even some joy - into the lives of women living with cancer. 

If you know anyone who is going to have his or her ponytail cut, please show him or her these link
or any local programs for hair donation.

Thank you and have a fantastic weekend! 


Next blog post:
Nordstrom Rideau Centre are now open 


Previous blog post: 


No comments :

Post a Comment