Saturday 13 June 2015

My WWC 2015 the Round of 16 Prediction

This is my prediction / wishful thinking of the Round of 16. 

FIFA Women's World Cup 2015, Women's World Cup 2015, World Cup, FIFA World cup, FIFA, WWC 2015, soccer, football, sport, aim, ball, grass, photo, picture, free photo, free picture, free for commercial use, free for commercial use photo, free for commercial use picture, Pixabay
FIFA Women's World Cup 2015 - Photo source Pixabay

Group A Prediction:
1st Canada (FIFA ranking # 8) 
2nd China (FIFA ranking # 16) 
3rd Netherlands (FIFA ranking # 12) 
4th New Zealand (FIFA ranking # 17)

If Canada wins the next game on June 15, we will secure our spot in the Round of 16.  Let's #DoItForChristine ! Go Canada Go !!!

Updated on June 16, 2015
My prediction for Group A is spot on.

New Zealand couldn't advance to the Round of 16.  Was it because of the Chinese coach Hao Wei tried to waste time to force for a draw in the final minutes of the match?  Or was that only an unfortunate happening?  Only the Chinese coach knows.

This is what I always say, in competitive sports, no matter how good you are, you win or not also heavily depends on luck.

My philosophy of winning in competitive sports is:

  • 10% of talent
  • 10% of practice
  • 50% of financial support
  • 30% of luck

Group B Prediction:
1st Germany (FIFA ranking # 1) 
2nd Norway (FIFA ranking # 11) 
3rd Thailand (FIFA ranking # 29) 
4th Cote D'Ivoire (FIFA ranking # 67) 

Other teams are just too strong for Team Cote D'Ivoire.  But the players did good with the game on June 11 against Thailand.

Updated on June 16, 2015
The result is as same as how I predicted.

Group C Prediction:
1st Japan (FIFA ranking # 4) 
2nd Switzerland (FIFA ranking # 19) 
3rd Cameroon (FIFA ranking # 53) 
4th Ecuador (FIFA ranking # 48) 

There's no doubt in my mind, team Japan will be in the Round of 16.  Not because I have lots of Japanese friends, other than Canada, I want Japan to win the WWC 2015.  I like the fighting spirit of Japanese female soccer players.  Their fighting spirit help them won last time four years ago.

Updated on June 16, 2015
My prediction for Group C is wrong.  Congratulations!  Team Cameroon.  Keep up the great work!

Group D Prediction:
1st United States (FIFA ranking # 2) 
2nd Australia (FIFA ranking # 10) 
3rd Sweden (FIFA ranking # 5) 
4th Nigeria (FIFA ranking # 33)

I know, I know, team Sweden is in a higher ranking than Australia.  But my wishful thinking is to have team Australia to be in the Round of 16.  Why?  I like Donna Hay - she is the Martha Stewart in Australia.  What?  Nothing to do with soccer?  Sorry.  Don't worry Sweden, I love Volvo!

Updated on June 16, 2015
Wow!  The result is as same as how I predicted again.

Group E Prediction:
1st Brazil (FIFA ranking # 7) 
2nd Spain (FIFA ranking # 14) 
3rd South Korea / Republic of Korea (FIFA ranking # 18) 
4th Costa Rica (FIFA ranking # 37)

This is the hardest group for me to do the prediction.  I love all 4 teams.  Can they all be in the Round of 16?


Updated on June 18, 2015
Brazil and South Korea advanced to the Round of 16Well done!

Group F Prediction:
1st France (FIFA ranking # 3) 
2nd Mexico (FIFA ranking # 25) 
3rd England (FIFA ranking # 6) 
4th Colombia (FIFA ranking # 28)

This is not an easy group for me to do the prediction.  Again, I love these 4 teams.  I'm really torn here.

Updated on June 17, 2015

Sadly, Mexico is eliminated.  England will be a threat to Canada when we face off at quarterfinals on June 27.  Sorry, Switzerland and Norway, in my prediction, you guys will get eliminated at the Round of 16.


Okay, allow me to daydream here.

My dream Round of 16 would include all teams of Group E and F 

Brazil, Spain, South Korea, Costa Rica,  France, Mexico, England, Colombia

plus

Canada, China, Germany, Cote D'Ivoire, Japan, United States, Australia and Sweden 

I know my dream Round of 16 won't happen this year.  But, one day, one day, these 16 teams may be in the Round of 16 of the Women's World Cup.

What will your prediction be?  Which team are you rooting for?

Updated on June 18, 2015
Well, my friends, we all know the 16 teams for the second stage now.  My prediction accuracy is not that great, only 69%.  How was your prediction?


Previous blog post:
WWC 2015 Day 7 June 13 2015 


Previous blog post: 
100 Happy Days Challenge - Day 84 

No comments :

Post a Comment