Thursday 22 September 2016

Happy sweet 17 Kim You Jung! 해피버스데이

From a child actress to a lovely young lady, wow, Kim You Jung is a grown-up now.

Kim You Jung, 김유정

I love Korean dramas, especially period dramas. But I didn't notice Kim You Jung until 2013. Well, I didn't pay much attention to child actors or actresses before 2013.

In 2013, one of my friends told me to watch Lee San: The Wind of the Palace (MBC, 2007). She said it's a good period drama. Yes, my friends, I know Kim You Jung is not in Lee San. Please let me finish my story.

After I watched part of the drama, I fell in love with its historical background. So, I researched the Korean history and found out there are lots of period dramas about Joseon history.

Lee San's great-grandmother is Dong Yi. Well, you guessed it right. I watched Dong Yi (MBC, 2010) and discovered Kim You Jung.

Then, I looked for her older dramas and watched
Iljimae (SBS, 2008) - only the part with Kim You Jung as a child actress
Moon Embracing the Sun (MBC, 2012)

Later, I also watched
Drama Special The Dirge Singer (KBS2, 2014)
Secret Door (SBS, 2014)

In Secret Door, Dong Yi is the King's mother, the Crown Prince's grandmother. And, the Crown Prince is Lee San's father. Really love this kind of connection between period dramas.

Then, in Love in the Moonlight, the Crown Prince Lee Yeong is Lee San's grandson. Haha.

Now, of course, I'm waiting for KBS World to release Love in the Moonlight for Canadians. Looking forward to watching the whole 18 episodes.

Here is an interview of Kim You Jung. Check out how cute she was in Iljimae!  Also,  she tells us who her ideal type of man is for 2016 (looks like she keeps changing her ideal type each year?!).

Interview with Kim Youjung [Entertainment Weekly 2016.07.18]

I'm rooting for you, You Jung!!
Happy Birthday again, 생일 축하해 You Jung!!


Information of Kim You Jung

Name in Korean: 김유정
Birthday: September 22, 1999

No comments :

Post a Comment