Friday 13 February 2015

Friday the 13th February 2015

Do you believe in superstition?  Do you think Friday the 13th is an unlucky day?  If you are an Italian, you may not think today is a bad luck day.  For Italians, Friday the 17th is an unlucky day.  This is what my Italian friends told me.

 Americanized Italians will also believe Friday the 13th unlucky.  Oh, no!  More than one unlucky day?  No, thank you.

My Hispanic friends and Greek friends told me Tuesday the 13th is their unlucky day.  What?  We have more unlucky days?

Friday the 13th and Friday the 17th and Tuesday the 13th are all unlucky?

Well, one of my Japanese friends told me a Japanese idiom " warau kado niwa fuku kitaru".  Literally, it means "Good fortune comes to a laughing gate." So, it means good things come to positive people!  Be positive and optimistic, my friends.  Let's keep smiling and looking happy.  Then, the good luck and good fortune will come.

free for commercial use image, 笑う門には福来る, warau kado niwa fuku kitaru, smiley, smile
Let's keep smiling and looking happy.  Image source: Pixabay

Happy Friday! Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! 


Next blog post:
Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! 


Previous blog post:


No comments :

Post a Comment