Thursday 19 February 2015

Kelsey's Favourite Chocolate Cupcakes - A recipe from The Diabetes Research Foundation Dec 1998

Do you know the coming Monday Feb 23 is National Cupcake Day?  This is a day we bake cupcakes, eat cupcakes and fundraise for SPCAs & Humane Societies across Canada.  So, I looked through my pile of recipes I got from everyone to see if I have any good cupcake recipes.

Kelsey's Favourite Chocolate Cupcakes is a recipe from The Diabetes Research Foundation's newsletter which was printed on Dec 1998.  This recipe was adapted from Good-For-You Cooking, A Healthy Eating Guide by Barbie Casselman. 

Recipe copyright @ The Diabetes Research Foundation. 
Original recipe copyright @ Barbie Casselman  (Feb 27, 1993).  Good-for-You Cooking: A Healthy Eating Guide

Main ingredients:
Category:
[Cupcake] [Desserts]

Kelsey's Favourite Chocolate Cupcakes, Chocolate cupcake, recipe, The Diabetes Research Foundation, all-purpose flour, baking soda, buttermilk, cocoa powder, egg, egg white, oil, Cupcake, Desserts, Barbie Casselman, Good-for-You Cooking: A Healthy Eating Guide, National Cupcake Day
Kelsey's Favourite Chocolate Cupcakes - A recipe from 
The Diabetes Research Foundation Dec 1998

There are many muffin recipes but only 2 cupcake recipes from all the recipes we collected.  Why?  Maybe muffin sounds healthier than cupcake?  I should also sort out those 4 bankers boxes of recipes when I have time.  I may have more cupcake recipes for next year's National Cupcake Day.


Recipe Index By [Ingredient] [Category] [A-Z] 
Useful [Cooking tips] 


Updated on 22 Feb 2015

Some of my friends mentioned that I forgot to add Splenda Sweetener into the ingredient list.  I didn't forget, my friends.  All recipes here are uploaded as is but I didn't list Splenda in the ingredient list on purpose.  People with Diabetes may prefer to replace sugar with Splenda.  But I personally don't like artificial sweetener.

My friends with Diabetes use banana, applesauce or dates as sweetener.  Yes, I know it doesn't taste the same.  At least it is healthier than artificial sweetener.  So, sorry, I will not list any kind of artificial sweeteners in my ingredient list.  When I see Splenda in a recipe, I replace it cup for cup with sugar.  Lately, I even replace sugar with maple syrup or honey.  Please refer to my blog post: Substitute sugar with maple syrup or honey.


Previous blog post: 

No comments :

Post a Comment