Friday 6 February 2015

Prepare a Privacy Policy for Google AdSense

While searching how to write a Disclosure Policy, I found out I also need to have a Privacy Policy for my blog.  I'm not familiar with how to write one.  So, I started another online search.  How do we live without any internet connection?

Many sites need me to pay to get a privacy policy drafted.  Well, we won't get free things all the time, right.  But, there are also sites offer free privacy policy templates. 

The first site I visited: JenSense.com 

The free sample was written in 2008.  It didn't mention about Google’s DoubleClick cookies.  So, it is not up-to-date. 

The second site I visited: Generate Privacy Policy 

In this site, there is a free privacy policy generator we can use.  But, there is a catch.  You need to register with this site.  If you choose not to receive its newsletter, you won't be able to log into your account and get your free privacy policy.  So, the box there for us to click is just for show.  Not optional.

privacy policy,  free privacy policy, Google AdSense
If you won't click this box, you won't get your free privacy policy
                                       Please click to enlarge the photos
privacy policy, free privacy policy, Google AdSense
If you won't accept its newsletter, you won't get your free privacy policy
 

Even you decided to click the box and receive its email, the free privacy policy doesn't include anything about Google’s DoubleClick cookies.  So, this one is not up-to-date, either. 

The third site I visited: loneshooter.com 

Its free privacy policy template is almost identical to the one at JenSense.com.  I wonder if the same person wrote it.  But this one mentioned about Google’s DoubleClick cookies.  Thank you very much loneshooter.com. 

Now, combined with all the information I got from JenSense.com, loneshooter.com and Required content for privacy policy page from Google AdSense, I created my first Privacy Policy for my blog. 

This is my Privacy Policy, just in case you're curious. 


Next blog post:
Target Canada's liquidation sale starts today 

No comments :

Post a Comment